Dateless Number Plates For SaleSearch for your next Dateless Number Plate
Dateless Number Plate Finder
Dateless or non-dating number plates are a great way to remove the age from your vehicle
As the name suggests, dateless number plates have no 'date' or year identifier. Because of this, they can go onto any age of vehicle without restriction. This type of plate is often referred to as a 'cherished number plate'. They were originally issued from 1903 to 1963.
About Dateless Number Plates
Dateless number plates are private registrations that do not have a date or year
identifier. Normally, certain numbers of a registration plate indicate when the plate
was registered – but this isn’t the case with a dateless private plate.
Dateless number plates were initially introduced in 1903, although these were not called dateless at the time as number plates simply did not have date identifiers until much later in 1963.
Benefits of Dateless Plates
Dateless registration plates have several advantages compared to regular format alternatives. Here’s some of the key benefits.
- You can get a private registration that is very close to the name or word you are looking for. As they don’t follow strict newer formats, you can often find the name or word you would like with fewer additional characters or character substitutions.
- Normally, you are not allowed to use a number plate that makes a vehicle appear newer than it is. A dateless number plate, however, can be used on any vehicle. This means if you have a vehicle, you have put time and effort into keeping it looking clean and new, you can use a dateless number plate to hide its age.
You can find more benefits of owning a private number plate here.
Famous Dateless Registrations
Here are some famous examples of dateless number plates, including those owned by celebrities and some of the most sought-after plates.
- 1 CUE - Number Plate 1 CUE was owned by snooker champion Jimmy White; this superb registration was purchased by Regplates.com in recent years and resold to a private client.
- VIP 1 - Roman Abramovich is one of the richest men in the world and is the alleged new owner of VIP 1.
- F 1 - Afzal Khan, 37, smashed the previous record of £ 331,000, paid 18 months earlier for M 1, to purchase the historic F1 number plate from Essex County Council.
- AMS 1 - Lord Sugar star of The Apprentice and hugely successful businessman owns the registration AMS 1 which represents both his initials and AMS for AMSTRAD Lord Sugar's company.
Find more information about famous number plates here.
Why Choose Regplates for Your Dateless Number Plates?
With over 30 years of experience, and being an official DVLA Recognised Reseller, you can rely on Regplates as your long established and trusted private number plates company. We also have 5 stars on Trustpilot and pride ourselves on our quick, efficient, and helpful customer service.
Our team of trained personalised number plate staff will professionally handle your transfer as swiftly as possible with all paperwork change over handled for you including the V5C, tax and MOT records. We offer advice without technical 'jargon’ and are always competitive on price.
Need more convincing? Visit our ‘Why Choose Us?’ page.
Established Over 30 Years
- FREE TRANSFER SERVICE - your paperwork is handled by our trained team
- OVER 30 YEARS EXPERTISE - long established and trusted company
- DVLA RECOGNISED RESELLER - linked directly from the DVLA website
- TRADE ASSOCIATION MEMBERS - MIRAD and CN Guild members